1. Plan to stay up till midnight. It is a New Year’s celebration after all.
2. Replace the spiders and cobwebs with black cloth and candles.
3. Give all the skeletons family names and attach a picture name tag.
4. Plan a family dinner and leave an extra place setting out and empty chair. Invite your dearly departed ones.
5. Replace all the spooky music with somber melodies or gentle drumming.
6. Go crazy with the candles, but don’t turn your home into a bonfire.
7. Use natural decorations. Like leaves, gourds, dried corn and pumpkins. Think last harvest.
8. Set up a seasonal altar or an ancestors altar. Decorate with pictures of loved ones that have passed the veil.
9. Tell the stories of the family and speak the names of your loved out loud.
10. Play some games. Do a little divination. Tell tall tales. Have some fun.
Have a Blessed Samhain everyone.