She’s Home!! She’s Home!! Emy is Home!!
Emy came home on the 14th and so far we are doing great. We got infant CPR training the day before and monitor training the day of. That was it, she was ready to go home. Oh I’m so happy, and it’s been four days. My baby is home and I’m a Mommy!! It’s great, it’s really great.
Le sigh….there has be a lot that’s happened sense the last time I wrote.

I ended up in the hospital for almost a week. I started having problems with my legs and things progressed to the point that I ended up with deep vein thrombosis. In other words, blood clots in the left calf. This really sucked because I was in the hospital and missed my first CPR class and had to reschedule which pushed back her home coming date. 😦 Bummer.

So I was laid up, hobbling to the bathroom, taking blood thinners and getting poked and prodded all over again. Did I mention I hate needles and still do. After a four day stint in the hospital they let me go home. They sent nurses over for a while to check my PT levels and I couldn’t drive for quite a while. I have a stick shift truck so my clutch foot was out of commission until I was cleared to drive to the doc’s. And then I had to learn how to give myself shots in the gut.

I broke out in a sweat the first time. It took me so long to get the guts up to actually push the needle in my skin. I don’t like it and I hope I never have to do that again. Knowing how my luck has been going, I shouldn’t hold my breath.

I’m still on blood thinners and will be for a while, at least six months from what they are saying now. I don’t know why I ended up with DVT. I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant with Emy. I had abdominal surgery three months ago and I was on birth control pills, Yasmin. All the docs will say is they don’t know, but they are looking into if I’ve got some other blood disorder, if my blood clots a little too much or if I missing some type of protein. All I know is that I’m still waiting for those test results to come back.

Above all I’m feeling better, no limping around. I still have some pain but it isn’t constant. The swelling has been minimal and hasn’t increased. My bruises are starting to go away, no more bruised peach look for me. My heart still feels a bit funny. I’ve got a bit of an elevated blood pressure which the docs say to watch my salt intake. It’s funny, because anyone who knows me, knows I’m big on not eating a lot of salt. The only time I feel better is when I’ve been laying down for a while. With Emy’s monitor, when it goes off, my heart damn near leaps out of my chest. That always hurts.

Well enough about me, It’s been good to have my baby home. I get to see her and care for her everyday now. I’m so blessed that she’s in great shape after spending three months and one week and few days in NICU. I am so lucky to have great sisters who have helped out when I really needed it. I love you guys so much.

Hopeful I’ll get around to posting pics and writing a bit more.
Later gators.


About Isabella LeCour

She is nothing more than the collections of thoughts placed into the virtual worlds. She is a poet, a mother, a lover, many things to different people. But mostly, she is nothing but smoke and mirrors - some ethereal thing that blinks in an out of existence.
This entry was posted in Motherhood and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.